Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Is MySpace a site where you can pick up a lot of viruses?

Hello I just started using MySpace and I like it a lot. It's a great way to keep in touch with my family and friends. Unfortunately though I heard from several people that you can easily pick up a virus by visiting this site. Is this true? If so, how can I protect my computer when I visit MySpace? Thanks!



Is MySpace a site where you can pick up a lot of viruses?free antivirus



No, you shouldn't have a problem on MySpace.



Is MySpace a site where you can pick up a lot of viruses?internet



I hope not !!!!
I guess you are right, my laptop now is not like b4 cos I recently visited that site
MySpace users in general aren't the smartest and often click links where they download keyloggers, trojans, etc. The best way to stay safe is to just not click the links and browser with a good browser (IE7 with the add-on IE7Pro is perfect) that has an add-blocker.



As for anti-virus/spyware protection, I'd go with NOD32 Smart Security or regular Anti-virus/spyware suite.
no and if so



just get a firewall
MySpace typically doesn't have viruses, but is renowned for phishing, where you're tricked into giving your login details to someone and they'll use your account to spam your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment