Friday, August 20, 2010

I've bought my windows vista for my computer, how much memory and other stuff will I need to ad

Now that I have my windows vista ready to install on my computer I would like to know how much memory I will need and what type of graphics card will I need to buy. My computer is a hp pavilion 514n. My nonitor is an LG 566LM is that ok or will I need a new one? Oh I would also like to know about how much money will I be spending just in the memory/hard drive and graphics card. Hope someone can help me, thanks!



I've bought my windows vista for my computer, how much memory and other stuff will I need to add? How much $$?nortan antivirus



If you want to use the PC you have, keep XP, if you want to use Vista, get a new PC. Your motherboard is REALLY outdated, I had it on a PC with WIN 98 :).



Try to re-sell or return the Vista and buy just a PC for $350-400 with basic Vista capabilities and the OS pre-installed (or better if you have the money and want to move up to performance).



If you want to upgrade your memory, you need PC2100 Memory, your PC can take up to 2GB (two slots 1GB each).



Your processor is almost maxed, the top possibility is a P4 @ 2.4GHz upgrading is pointless. Vista pretty much demands hyperthreading or dual-core, or you'll freeze up non-stop.



Your graphics is not upgradeable unless you get a basic PCI card for more memory but there's no way to get Vista Aero running smoothly.



Like the people before me said, it's not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment