Monday, August 16, 2010

How to make Window's Vista Premium run faster?

I just got a new laptop yesturday and it is running a bit slower than I like. It has 1gb memory and 1.9 Ghz. What should I do to make it run faster?



How to make Window's Vista Premium run faster?systemworks



Suggestions:



1- turn off all the programs that are running in the background



(start..run...msconfig..startup tab...uncheck all the garbage that you dont need running)



2- turn off the pretty Vista interface



(right click the desktop...Properties...Themes...Windows Classic)



3-buy more memory



(2GB)



How to make Window's Vista Premium run faster?windows



Tnguy is the best way to go you should listen to what he said i did this all before he did but it works great i am adding the 4 gig that will help as well Report It


I too just bought a laptop with Vista Premium on it and 1 GB of RAM. I don't find it to be so bad. However, I plugged in a 4 GB flash drive that has Memory Boost capabilities (it's cool that Vista can do this) just to help out the RAM situation a bit. I highly doubt that much more then 1 GB or so of that 4 GB can be converted but it all helps.



Earlier this year we bought a new Dell with Vista Premium and 2 GB of RAM and we did the same thing with plugging in the flash drive and I'm telling you it's like one of the fastest computers out there now, period. Good luck!
Completely uninstall Vista and put XP on it.
go into controll panel and chose system and then change your visual settings to best performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment