Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I get a game requiring directx 5 to run on vista?

I have changed the compatability to run on windows 95, but it still wants me to install this older version of direct x (which I'm guessing isn't a good idea?) Trying to install 'The curse of monkey island' for my son (which I also enjoy playing)... Previously had the same problem on XP, but got around it. Any ideas? :)



How do I get a game requiring directx 5 to run on vista?software



Just install the DirectX version that came with the game(DirectX 5). Modern Windows can handle the changes to system files correctly (Windows 98 and 95 could not). You may have problems if your video card is from Intel, as their cards do not have any DirectX %26gt;9 hardware accelerators.



How do I get a game requiring directx 5 to run on vista?vincent



Just let your DirectX what it is. To run the game on vista, check the properties and on the compatibility tab, select the operating system compatible 95?

No comments:

Post a Comment